1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toothbrushes

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by PhotoEcosse, Jul 16, 2017 at 10:58 AM.

1. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Went to one last week and she was a quite well developed young lady in all the right places. I have to say my head squashed between them was quite comforting.

Jimbo57 likes this.
  2. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

The Oral B sounds like there is something loose inside because there is, the tooth brush provides an oscillating output and this has to be turned through 90 degrees to rotate the round head. There is another head that has an action more like that of a normal toothbrush and is quieter, they call it the "Tri-Zone". Another source of noise is that the head mounting wears allowing the whole head to move in response to the drive.

3. Charlotte Moon

Charlotte Moon Active Member

hmmm I will have to tell her about this, I think it may be an old one to be fair so probably has lol

4. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Well-Known Member

"Do different professionals genuinely have different opinions?"
    In just about every field, yes, differences abound. Sometimes with a few sticking to views that have been comprehensively trounced.
    In many cases there can be legitimate preferences just for the way things feel - Just as with cameras!

"Does toothbrush technology change so rapidly that brands leapfrog each-other regularly?"
    Not at all likely IMO.

"Or do dental practices get flung a bung by manufacturers to punt their wares?"
    Quite probably, it would be unusual for suppliers not to try this, even if not overtly. Again why would dentists be different than the rest of the world?

Roger Hicks likes this.
  5. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

I buy the cheapest and smallest headed brushes that I can find. And change them regularly.
    Last week I had my six monthly check up and ultrasonic clean. The dentist was pleased that he could ony find two or three spots of tartar at the back of my lower front teeth where the saliva gathers and none elsewhere. The whole gum line was totally free.
    Who needs electric brushes?

Catriona and Geren like this.
  6. Snorri

Snorri Well-Known Member

I like the Crossaction heads from Oral-B, my teeth feel much cleaner than when I use other brushes/heads. So at least I think electric brush is really needed.