1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll - What do you think the photo industry will look like in 2117?

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Liam Clifford, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I do, for sure. That's not to say that your Brave New World visions may not be as well, but for art purposes, still pictures work very well. Photography hasn't killed off painting, after all. There's no reason why interactive 3D feelies should kill off still photography.

2. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

Hi res video with high FPS where you can just lift a single frame as still shot.

Mind you pretty pointless as AI will render any scene you want from any time period LOL

As said in a earlier post I imagine film shooting still around in 2117 as a art thing like painting. Its the analogue thing and materials. :)

3. P_Stoddart

Yeah, I really think it might just go back to its roots of real physical film for stills. :)

You can imagine people choosing to have wedding photos done on film with hand made prints. :)

No computers at all. The pure art&craft of photography both shooting and darkroom.

4. Snorri

Snorri Well-Known Member

I am not sure we will be here in 2117 the way things are going...

5. P_Stoddart

Er yeah :eek:

I remember talking about AI and it always seem a bit further down the line.

But from what I have read and seen, it does seem a lot closer these days.

If AI is not handled properly could be problematic. I wonder about life imitating art. :eek:

There was a tv prog about self drive cars and it raised some serious questions about computers deciding in will crash scenarios what the system should decide. Like protect the vehicle passenger(s) at all costs or if the crash is going to result in possible life loss of kids in another vehicle, what then? If there is action that kill its passenger(s) but save the kids in the other vehicle should it do that? Or not?

These are not SF questions, this technology might be on our roads by 2020, at least 2025 at the latest they figure.

Ford is promising such cars by 2021 if I recall from the prog.

That is only 4 years from now! :eek:

Roger Hicks likes this.
  6. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

Andrew Flannigan likes this.
  7. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

No idea but I know that whatever anyone suggests now will be laughed at after 100 years.

8. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

On the one hand I won't be around in 2117. On the other hand I think that art museums all over the world will require a certain degree of photographic technology and ability to keep their collections in an exhibitable state. - negatives, slides, prints etc.

Lynn

Roger Hicks likes this.