1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll - It’s the 10th anniversary of Lightroom this year. How much do you use it

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Chrissie_Lay, Mar 1, 2017.

1. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

I believe that OTC, who are known for selling reprints of vintage camera manuals and AP test reports, also offer a service printing hard copies of software manuals and other manuals only supplied as PDF files.

2. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

No - not nit picking. I use LR and CaptureOne. However, I shall forgo the obligatory rant. :D

3. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

I user Lightroom mainly, exporting into PSE the odd time for cloning work or the like. Can I nit-pick about the question? It asks how often you use Lightroom but the answers don't relate to that. I wanted to answer Alternate Wednesdays and Ban Holidays but didn't have that option. ;)

4. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

It doesn't say 'how often' - it says 'how much'. Is everybody trying to pick holes in the questions because I stuck my neck out and said that they seemed to cover all the bases for a change?

If everybody's trying to get at me I should warn you that I can hold my breath until I get all woozy - that'll teach you!

Cheers, Jeff

5. PhotoEcosse

PhotoEcosse Well-Known Member

Joining in the nit-picking: That would be an answer to the question "When do you use lightroom?"

The poll asks "How much do you use Lightroom?" but the options given as answers do not answer that question.

A more interesting question might be "How much of Lightroom do you use?"

I reckon I use about 70% of Lightroom and about 5% of Photoshop.

6. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Photoshop is MASSIVELY over specified for what the vast majority of users need. Many of its features they may never even find, let alone use and others are specifically for industrial use.

I have used Photoshop but I really didn't get along with it so my answer has to be "Not at all".

7. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I've used Photoshop for a very long time, since version 4.0something - aboout 20 years, I guess. I still find it invaluable for certain uses, and if I've just got a couple of pics to work on, it's what I use.

I've been using Lightroom since before it existed - when I first got a DSLR, I quickly found RawShooter was the most logical way for me to work, basically from a slide show - much the same as I used to do with film. Adobe bought the product and integrated it into Lightroom, and those of us who had paid for RawShooter Premium got Lightroom 1 free - and I had used the beta before it was launched, too. Still the best way for me of dealing with pics from a big shoot.

PhotoEcosse likes this.
  8. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Jeff, I wasn't trying to get at you, but if I was then I suspect that you wouldn't care. We have got so used to the questions not covering all eventualities that we don't usually bother to comment. You stuck your head above the parapet, so Chrissie got the comments. That's not fair.
    PhotoEcosse writes that he only uses about five percent of PS. That's four percent more than me. I will never update PS or go onto the subscription model. I may buy elements or something else from not Adobe.
    LR is something I use. It depends on a database which encourages me to be at least slightly organised; it has ACR which works across my Nikon and Sony files; it allowes corrections but not downright lies. I only use PS when I want to lie and as a result am getting very rusty with it.

9. Louise

Louise Well-Known Member

I cant afford to use it, and the price is going up at some point. Would be nice to have just a yearly version similar to Elements.