1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canon MP510 on the blink..............

Discussion in 'Computer Related Help & Discussion' started by swanseadave, Jul 11, 2017.

1. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

:( It started yesterday when it wouldn`t take photo paper but now it won`t print from the front{plain A4} either.

Idealy I`d like to fix it but it would be uneconomic and I have a stock of CLi8 ink!!

I`ve tried roller cleaning and studied the manual for clues and zilch.Any ideas?

edit.an anyone point me to printers that use PGi5 and CLi8. Canon UK don`t indicate what carts.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

3. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

The ip6700D uses CLi8, I think that includes the black, it's a decent photo printer that is now discontinued, used examples should be pretty reasonable though. I have one sitting here, but unfortunately I have promised it to a friend.

4. swanseadave

Thanks for the replies but it gets worse.Now it won`t print from plain A4 either.
    I`ve tried all ways to fix it but zilch.
    I think I`ll have to replace it,maybe with Epson.Some good deals around.

Cheers

5. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

I somehow feel that photographers who are printer users are split mainly into Canon and Epson camps. I have had one Epson and found it was, for me anyway, dreadful. The blasted thing kept having to be run on the cleaning cycle and had a Barracuda like hunger for ink. It didn't last long either, on asking for yet more ink the carriage failed to move when I opened it to change the cartridge. I happily took it to the recycling centre and sold the remaining unopened inks on Ebay.

6. swanseadave

Maybe you had a rogue machine.I believe they are generally thought to be reliable.

I`m torn now heads Canon,tails Epson!!:rolleyes:

7. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

You will find plenty of grumbles about the ink consumption of Epson printers. A friend has an Epson A3+ photo printer and he is constantly complaining about the amount of ink it uses and the cleaning cycles, then there's the price of the ink...

I stick with Canon now!

8. swanseadave

In view of your comments nimbus I`ve done some further research into Epson and come down on the side of Canon ,specifically the Pixma MG5751.

Does anyone use this particular machine?

Ideally I`d buy a photo printer and a document laser printer but space is very limited so it has to be an all in one.

9. swanseadave

I eventually settled for a Canon MG5750 on a half price deal at "No Worries"
    So far very happy with it.I`m going to list the CLi8 ink carts on Ebay.