1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

black and yellow

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by lfc1892, May 19, 2017.

1. lfc1892

lfc1892 Well-Known Member

2. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

I know the can was already there, but it still looks staged. If you needed it, think I would have had it over the last full yellow stripe. That way you "find" it rather than it stops your eye.

3. lfc1892

Thanks Mike. The can I almost removed, to simplify things, but just couldn't settle on a composition I was happy with with regards to angles and perspective etc, and this was the only one I was happy with. Although I've got a couple front on too, which work fairly well, but in those the can is tiny, which may be a good thing. How does the shadow on the rhs work for you?

4. RovingMike

Shadow looks OK. Maybe the can half in it?

5. lfc1892

Can't remember what I have on file but I'll take a peek and post up later if I have anything like that Mike. One advantage of the front on shot was that the can is tiny in the frame and so is an embellishment as opposed to a major element. I'll post in a bit, thanks.

6. RovingMike

Like this for me:

[​IMG]

7. lfc1892

I'll nip out and buy a can of coke for when I'm next there :)
    It's definitely better with less can. Thanks Mike

8. there is a difference in art and photography,some take photos and some take photos by artful manner and you shows art in this photo.

9. lfc1892

Very kind words, thank you