1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best place to send off my B&W Film for developing ?

Discussion in 'Colour or Not' started by Skyehammer, Mar 3, 2014.

1. John King

John King Well-Known Member

Sorry to dissapoint you, I do believe Boots is closing all it's processing outlets in the iminent future.

AG Photographic in Birmingham do process almost any film contact them via

www.AG-photogrpahic.co.uk

They are a main supplier of analogue materials and I have used them many times to replenish

2. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

Apparently the ASDA in-store outlets are gradually discontinuing processing films as and when the machinery becomes defective. A friend who doggedly sticks to film recently had a film very badly processed in one of these, after I leaned on him he did ask for, and receive, a refund.

A local shop that used Fuji processing equipment and generally did a reasonable job has also ceased to process film, now about this great film revival...

3. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

Wow, a double zombie thread. Resurrected twice! :D

4. 0lybacker

0lybacker Well-Known Member

What's wrong with bringing new life to something, especially around the subject of film & processing? ;):p

5. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Zombies need friends too! :D

6. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

I've corrected the typo in the link.
    - bad enough having zombies without getting "Server not found" messages as well !

7. John King

There should not have been a typo - it was copied over from their website! Although I didn't check - it should not have been necessary

8. John King

I don't know if you are aware but Mailshots is no longer trading. If you Google Mailshots you get various companies who are involved with exactly that Mailshots - advertising to your dood, nothing to do with film or photography

For the gratest range of film, AG photographic in Birmingham are probably the best, However they are not the cheapest and the postal charges pump up the price. I have used a company called Morco, they are based near Mansfield, Notts and can be, but not always, cheaper than most of the others.

9. David Loxley

David Loxley New Member

I cut my teeth on Ilford FP3 (many years ago) D&P'd my own in Ilford Chems.
    Tried E6 most have now faded to a yukky beige
    Used much Kodak C41 and used Boots as D&P proofing; reliable film developing.
    2017, the first Boots order was "lost in transit" found and took 4 weeks
    second film was processed on time but went £walk-about" for a week
    Not a happy bunny.
    Agree with John King = ditch Boots.
    Agree with Roger Hicks "do not ignore Ilford processing in Mobberly"
    I spoke to a helpful young chap about returning my Leica cassettes for mono processing.
    "Let's give it a try" said he.
    Anyone ever used Max Spielman for C41?