1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battle for the Bay

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by AdrianSadlier, May 19, 2017.

1. AdrianSadlier

AdrianSadlier Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Battle for the bay by Adrian Sadlier, on Flickr

The "Battle for the Bay" festival starts tomorrow. It's the 10th anniversary of it's inception. Lot's of fun (and photo op's) for everyone.

Buddy had his own battle for the bay the previous week!

+ or -

Andrew Flannigan and AndyTake2 like this.
  2. lfc1892

lfc1892 Well-Known Member

nice, I like that. only slight criticism is that its tight on the left and spacey on the right. still nice tho.

AdrianSadlier likes this.
  3. AdrianSadlier

I agree that it looks tight. But I wanted to leave space for the Kite-surfers top right, as that is what Battle for the Bay is really about!

4. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Like that a lot. Nice idea to have the dogs playing a role in things happening.

5. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

Like that. Not too tight imo as Buddy adds a lot to the shot.

Not sure my Rocky would be any good there, he goes nuts at the sight of a kite.

6. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Yes, without the dog it would have far less impact. I like it.

7. RovingMike

Even works square for me:

[​IMG]

8. AdrianSadlier

So does Buddy. I was shouting at him not to bite the kite (they are inflatable) and was also afraid he would get caught up in the guide ropes - the kite was still moving up and down in the wind.

Agreed. It helps withe the concept of "Battle" as the festival is called "Battle for the Bay" - a great photo opportunity. I may head there tomorrow, traffic depending (access ton and off the island can be problematic"

Yes and no (IMHO). I hate cropping parts of significant elements out of a photograph. I tried a square crop but I couldn't fit the full kite, Buddy on a third and the kites in the background in. Hence the crop I chose.

9. RovingMike

Not sure why you want all the kite. If you look at the square, you have all the elements nicely packaged. In to out cropping. To me dog and his reaction becomes far more the subject than just an incident within a wider record.