1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any YI M1 mirrorless camera users here?

Discussion in 'Other Brands & Accessories' started by georgey porgey, Dec 23, 2016.

1. I recently bought a YI M1 mirrorless camera from Amazon. It was relatively cheap for mirrorless camera so I bought it since I have limited budget. If you don't know this brand, you can click that link. It shows the specs and features etc.

Now, what I want to know is what does this camera can and can not do? I mean pros and cons. So, I have heard other reviews, good and bad, but when I tried it myself, it seemed to be okay.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

That's all that matters really. I don't think the camera is generally available in the UK, and I suspect few would risk it over an inexpensive Panasonic/Olympus as a gateway into m43. But if you are happy, why concern yourself with what others think?

I recommend putting any new camera through its paces including shooting in darker and brighter conditions than you normally would to see how it handles dynamic range etc, so that when you find yourself in a once-in-a-lifetime moment you know how far you are willing to push the ISO, or if you need to change other settings. It's just getting used to it and finding the limitations for you. Many cameras are described on the internet as "unusable over xISO" when in actual fact for many people it is just fine. My primary digital camera is bottom of the range with few bells and whistles, but I don't need those bells and whistles. It was generally reviewed as a beginner's camera with huge limitations, but in reality I use it very differently and it is absolutely fine. Hence the expression YMMV.

Hope you enjoy your new camera. I'd love to visit Shanghai someday. :)

georgey porgey likes this.
  3. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

I had not heard of this camera before your post but in the samples you post it seems to have handled some difficult lightening conditions rather well so my comment is just "enjoy"

georgey porgey likes this.
  4. Thanks guys. I hope I get to hear more of this new camera in the market. It has been good so far...

5. Phenomenal Quality
    YI M1 uses 20 effective megapixel SONY IMX269 image sensor, the highest standard in MFT (Micro Four Thirds system), to deliver the most accurate color and finest image detail. 4K/30fps HD pro camera video recording is supported.

Master Guide: Shoot Like a Pro
    Master Guide templates - easy guideline with set up parameters. Make your photos professional.

LCD Touch Screen
    3" LCD Touch Screen and easily configure manual parameters such as shutter speed, ISO, focus, and more.

Easy Sharing: Impressive Connectivity
    Built-in Wi-Fi and BLE Bluetooth for stable connection and fast sharing in social media. YI M1 App supports automatic Date/Time synchronizing. Quick firmware upgrades through the app to keep your camera and lens up-to-date.

Minimalist Design
    YI M1 Mirrorless Digital Camera keeps the number of buttons to a minimum and let touch functions take the front row seat making it one of the best cameras for photography.

The YI M1 gives you the feeling of having both the best point and shoot digital camera and professional mirrorless camera all in one.

Mirrorless Camera vs DSLR
    Photography made easy with the YI M1 mirrorless camera compared to a conventional DSLR camera. Professional photography made easy for every one.
    yi-m1-mirrorless-camera-2.png

6. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

If not for your post #1 I'd report that as an advert!

7. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

To be honest the whole thing reads as a blatant advert.

Andrew Flannigan likes this.
  8. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

*cough*Leica*cough*

9. Somebody said that they never heard of this camera so I posted what I copied from their website and no it is not an advert.

10. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

It is clear that is not your intent but if post #5 had appeared by itself, without the context of the thread, it would have been taken down as advertising which is not allowed here.

11. I apologize...It won't happen again, sir.